All our home groups are beginning a book study this week of Pastor Dave’s newly published , “The Successful Christian Life; 12 Essential Scriptures”. Each lesson is stand alone, so you can join anytime. Just use this list to find a group that seems good to you and call them to let them know you’re coming. Also, you can get more info on the home group board in the lobby, in the church app, or on the website. And you can call Pastor Jim at 619-997-9606 for help finding the right group. Come, join the rest of the Foothills family for the next 3 weeks as we learn and grow in God together!
Chapter 7: How to Find Strength in Weakness
1) How does pride keep people from coming to know Jesus as Lord?
2) Once we humble ourselves and see our need for a Savior, how can a haughty spirit limit our potential?
3) Why is it good for a Christian to be in a place where he or she is admitting failures or inadequacies?
4) Can you think of a time when pride kept you from letting God work through you?
Chapter 8: How to Live Without Worry
1) Why do so many people ultimately find themselves disillusioned and unhappy?
2) Define “being worried.”
3) Why is worrying useless and counterproductive?
4) Why is it a good idea to do your devotions in the morning?
5) Why is 2 Corinthians 5:15 countercultural? Why are so many Christians miserable, confused, and depressed?
6) Why is it so important to take one day at a time?