PURPOSE: To establish a culture of Freedom at Foothills that will help our people to see how much MORE of the Kingdom of God could be theirs. Transformation should be a natural outgrowth of following Jesus. People get saved and don’t realize there is a whole kingdom to enter. They get stuck in old patterns an need a break through. Come experience truth and the Presence of God in a new way. But the truth is freedom is not the absence of something, it’s the presence of Someone. We look forward to growing together as a congregation in Freedom.
1. Freedom Foundation Classes
View online below or in person. View our upcoming classes.
- Our set of 6 Freedom Foundations classes help lay the groundwork for freedom in Christ. We’ll discuss what God’s Kingdom is, the bondage that we’re in, levels of change we can make, repentance, transformation, spiritual warfare, and breaking strongholds. Classes will be held at 9am on Sunday mornings starting in August 2019. Videos of each session are linked below for you to view at anytime.
2. Freedom Conference
Our all church freedom conference. Look for it on the event page here.
- This is a 2-day Freedom Conference with our own Foothills’ pastors teaching on concepts that build on our Freedom Ministry. It is designed to use scripture, worship and teaching to help set you free from past hurts, bitterness, shame, insecurity and fear. Every concept on Friday will build upon itself and Saturday will build on Friday’s concepts. There are no “break-out sessions”.
- Childcare is not provided for these 2 longs days.
Friday & Saturday, Sept 27-28, 2019
Cost: $20/individual $30/couple
Registration will begin in August 2019
3. Freedom Topical Classes
Our Follow up classes preceed our Freedom classes and go deeper into concepts of freedom. Look for them in our upcoming classes.
- Go deeper in to Freedom by attending our Freedom Topical Classes on Sunday mornings. Each week we will deal with a different topic. Topics include Physical Healing, Freedom from Bondage, Intimacy with the Holy Spirit, Your Source, Cycle of Inner Healing, Dealing with Disappointment, Forgiveness, Blame & Control. Classes will be held at 9am on Sundays in October & November 2019
Freedom Foundations ClassES
Parable of the Kingdom
Sometimes familiarity robs us of the depth and richness of the truth that sets us free. Join us as we use a parable to help you think differently about Jesus and His work in your life. The Kingdom of God is the presence and the power of God. We all enter this Kingdom at different levels of life experiences. It causes us to interpret very differently what it means to “give our life to Christ.” Some have not yet understood that Jesus came to set up God’s Kingdom on earth. Nor do they understand the power of God to free them and to transform and change them. Christ came to set us free, but we often hear, “Now you have to stop being bad and be good.” We get stuck and need to see the power of the Kingdom in a new way.
Levels of Change
This class is designed to help identify and avoid traps common to man’s attempt to change his own life. Even more important, this class explains God’s provision and strategy for changing your life from the inside out.
Galatians 2:20. “I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me…”
The life of a believer is no longer the life of the believer. The life of the believer comes from the one that we believe in. The dilemma is that the enemy can say to us “Jesus died for you so you should try harder to do better.” The enemy wants you to work harder with the wrong tools. The goal of this teaching is to think differently about the transformation process of a believer. There are 5 distinct levels of change. 4 you can do something about. One was done for you.
Kingdom of God
Hearing from God
If God speaks to us, then we have to learn to recognize, hear, and discern His voice. ALL of us can hear God. Hearing the voice of God is central to living out your created design. This class discusses ways to hear God and HOW we can discern that it is really God we are hearing. When we hear God personally, it changes us forever and we become passionate seekers of the One we have personally encountered.
Life in the Kingdom
There is a part of Kingdom living that is God’s part and there is a part of Kingdom living that is ours. In this class we are going to look at different areas of life and try to pick out the different parts. And hopefully what it will do is get us unstuck from this place of trying to do what is really Gods. When we understand the tools that God have given us, we begin to have victory. The power of core lies, soul wounds, life patterns and demonic oppression begin to break off. At every critical point in our lives, Satan is right there waiting to inform us about what that moment means, and what is true about you because of that moment….AND SO IT GOD. We will learn to discern the voices, get rid of the wrong one and walk in God’s transforming power and truth.
Repentance – Breaking strongholds
Fallen human nature seeks to find an environmental cause for sin, but the Bible does not allow it. The bad news is that all mankind is under the wrath of God and we deserve it. True, biblical repentance is the cure. In this lesson we’ll find out what Biblical repentance is and that repentance is not a one-time event but a lifestyle you practice daily.