All our home groups are beginning a book study this week of Pastor Dave’s newly published , “The Successful Christian Life; 12 Essential Scriptures”. Each lesson is stand alone, so you can join anytime. Just use this list to find a group that seems good to you and call them to let them know you’re coming. Also, you can get more info on the home group board in the lobby, in the church app, or on the website. And you can call Pastor Jim at 619-997-9606 for help finding the right group. Come, join the rest of the Foothills family for the next 4 weeks as we learn and grow in God together!
Chapter 5: How to Make Wise Decisions
1) What is biblical wisdom? How is it different than knowledge?
2) What are the 3 ways to gain wisdom?
3) Why do we need to test what we think God may be saying to us?
4) What is the eightfold test for determining whether or not God is actually speaking to you?
5) What does it mean to be double-minded in decision-making?
Chapter 6: How to Pray
1) Why should we pray about everything?
2) Why can all of us have the faith to pray and, if need be (and in God’s will), to even move a mountain?
3) How do we know if we are praying according to God’s will?
4) What are God’s 4 answers to our prayers?
5) What would you say to someone who stopped going to church and following Jesus because God “never answered any of their prayers”?